Aromatherapy Workshop - Level II
Creating Essential Oil Blends for use in Clinical Settings - 15 CE hours
- Advanced Essential Oil Chemistry: Hydrocarbons and Oxygenated Hydrocarbons
- Main Types of Essential Oil Constituents and their Properties and Actions
- Understanding the Actions and Contraindications of an Essential Oil Based on its Chemical Constituents
- Using Chemical Constituents as Guides for Blending Essential Oils
- The Art of Creating Effective Blends for Specific Purposes
- Analyzing client complaints to identify appropriate goals for Aromatherapy intervention
- Identifying desired actions for specific blends based on client complaints
- Identifying and choosing 3 to 5 specific essentail oils to include in a blend based on the individual actions and contraindications of the oils
- Determining the relative proportions of each essential oil included in the blend
- In-depth profiles of 12 essential oils (see list below)
- Hands-on case analysis and blending practice using the 24 essentiial oils covered in Levels I and II (instructor guided)
- Creating Salves using Essential Oil Blends
Essential oils covered in Level II:
- Pepper (black)
- List subject to changes, additions or deletions as required
Next Aromatherapy Workshop / Aromatherapy Workshop Schedule
All the above essential oils will be provided at the workshop for group use. There is no need to bring essential oils to the workshop but, it is recommended that all students have these oils available for their own use.
If students don't already have these essential oils, they can purchase a kit from Artisan Aromatics: Level II Essential Oil Kit
FYI - Artisan Aromatics offers a 20% discount off the regular price of the kit for students of The Aromatherapy School.
Aromatherapy Workshops - Levels I, II & III
This series of courses offers three sequential levels of training and is designed for massage therapists, nurses and other healing arts practitioners who wish to integrate aromatherapy into their professional practice. It is assumed that students enrolling in these courses have a foundation in basic anatomy and physiology.
Massage Therapy CEs
Dr. Joie Power is approved by: The National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork (NCBTMB) as a continuing education Approved Provider. 15 CEs per Level (I, II & III)
More Info: Massage Therapy CEs
Registered Aromatherapist CEUs
CEUs (15) available to RAs (Registered Aromatherapists) for ARC (Aromatherapy Registration Council).
A Certificate of Completion will be issued to all who attend both days of a workshop (one certificate per level).
A Certificate of Achievement will be issued to all who attend both days of a workshop and pass a written exam at the end of day two (one certificate per level) .
Licensed health care professionals who have received Certificates of Achievement for all three levels will be given a Certification in Clinical Aromatherapy.
More Info: Aromatherapy Certification
Joie Power, Ph.D.
Dr. Power is a retired board certified neuropsychologist and former Assistant Professor of Surgery/Neurosurgery at the Medical College of Georgia, where she performed intra-operative cortical mapping with renowned neurosurgeon Herman Flanigan, M.D. She has over 20 years of clinical experience in both inpatient and outpatient settings and during her years of practice has also been both a practitioner and student of alternative healing methods, including herbal medicine, aromatherapy, Reiki, Chinese Medicine, and other energetic healing systems. Her extensive formal training and experience in the olfactory and limbic systems of the brain give her a unique qualification for understanding the actions of essential oils in the body. Dr. Power, founder of one of the earliest essential oil companies in the U.S. to specialize in therapeutic quality essential oils, is now a clinical consultant for Artisan Aromatics as well as an internationally known writer and teacher in the fields of aromatherapy and alternative medicine. Her approach to aromatherapy weaves together her solid scientific training and strong clinical skills with a holistic philosophy that honors body, mind and spirit. Dr. Joie Power is also the author of The Quick Study Guide to Aromatherapy and numerous published articles on aromatherapy and related topics.
In addition to teaching courses in aromatherapy for herself and The Aromatherapy School, Dr. Power has presented workshops on aromatherapy and the use of essential oils for the following schools and institutions:
- American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA), Atlanta Chapter
- Appalachia School of Holistic Herbalism
- Botanologos School of Herbal Studies
- Chestnut School of Herbal Medicine
- National Association of Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA), S.E. Conference
- North Carolina Center for Health and Wellness, University of NC, Asheville (UNCA)
- Aromatherapy: The Basics - World Health News, v. 2, #4 Winter 1999
- Aromatherapy and Emotions - World Health News, v. 2, #2 1998
- Aromatherapy and the SARS Virus - for Dreaming Earth Botanicals, LLC
- Aromatherapy for Immunity - New Life Journal, March 2006
- Aromatherapy for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome - World Health News, v. 2, #1 Winter 1998
- Essential Oil Quality - for Dreaming Earth Botanicals, LLC
- Gas Chromatography: A Basic Explanation - for Dreaming Earth Botanicals, LLC
Aromatherapy School Contact Info
Dr. Joie Power
The Aromatherapy School
58 Reed Road
Fairview NC 28730
Note: We use above graphic to protect our email address from spambots.
EcomGreen LLC: our management company
Keep up with what's going on at The Aromatherapy School and receive interesting articles on Aromatherapy and Essential Oils.
Sign up for The Aromatherapy School Newsletter: Subscribe
Contact us |
Next Workshop |
Consult Services |
Workshop Schedule |
Aromatherapy Articles |
Aromatherapy Newsletters |
Essential Oils & Aromatherapy Products |
Site Map by xml-sitemaps.com |
Recommended Essential Oils |
Online Aromatherapy Courses