The Aromatherapy School
Next Workshop: Level II - 2016
Aromatherapy for Health Care Professionals
Join aromatherapy consultant and retired neuropsychologist Joie Power, Ph.D. for an in-depth seminar that provides a solid foundation in the basic practices of aromatherapy and the actions of essential oils. The seminar combines solid scientific data, practical clinical techniques and a holistic approach that honors body, mind, and spirit. This series of Aromatherapy Workshops is designed for herbalists, massage therapists, nurses, other healthcare practitioners as well as all those who have a real interest in learning the science and art of aromatherapy. For more info on class requirements click: Prerequisites
Location: Wyldhaven Farm near Asheville NC.
Directions and Accommodations:
Next Workshop Directions
Level II, Day One: Quick Recap of Level I plus In-Depth Study of More Essential Oils
Day 1 - 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
The day begins with a quick review of the oils covered in Level I and continues with the addition of more essentail oils and their healing properties.
Level II, Day Two: Essential Oils in Practice with emphasis on Blending
Day 2 - 10:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Day two is devoted to an in-depth presentation and discussion of blending techniques for many of the essentail oils covered in Level I and on day one of Level II. Drawing from her 20-plus years of study and practice, Dr. Joie Power shares
priceless information about how essential oils are used in medical settings. Students will also be expected to share their own expertiese and experiences with the class.
The schedule on both days provides plenty of time for discussion, answering questions, and general sharing of ideas and experiences. Extensive handouts will be provided and essential oils will be available to sample and purchase.
Creating Essential Oil Blends for use in Clinical Settings - 15 CE hours
- Advanced Essential Oil Chemistry: Hydrocarbons and Oxygenated Hydrocarbons
- Main Types of Essential Oil Constituents and their Properties and Actions
- Understanding the Actions and Contraindications of an Essential Oil Based on its Chemical Constituents
- Using Chemical Constituents as Guides for Blending Essential Oils
- The Art of Creating Effective Blends for Specific Purposes
- Analyzing client complaints to identify appropriate goals for Aromatherapy intervention
- Identifying desired actions for specific blends based on client complaints
- Identifying and choosing 3 to 5 specific essentail oils to include in a blend based on the individual actions and contraindications of the oils
- Determining the relative proportions of each essential oil included in the blend
- In-depth profiles of 12 essential oils (see list below)
- Hands-on case analysis and blending practice using the 24 essentiial oils covered in Levels I and II (instructor guided)
- Creating Salves using Essential Oil Blends
Essential oils covered in Level II:
- Pepper (black)
- List subject to changes, additions or deletions as required
About Joie Power, Ph.D.
Dr. Power is a retired board certified neuropsychologist and former Assistant Professor of Surgery/Neurosurgery at the Medical College of Georgia, where she performed intra-operative cortical mapping with renowned neurosurgeon Herman Flanigan, M.D. She has over 20 years of clinical experience in both inpatient and outpatient settings and during her years of practice has also been both a practitioner and student of alternative healing methods, including herbal medicine, aromatherapy, Reiki, Chinese Medicine, and other energetic healing systems. Her extensive formal training and experience in the olfactory and limbic systems of the brain give her a unique qualification for understanding the actions of essential oils in the body. Dr. Power, founder of one of the earliest essential oil companies in the U.S. to specialize in therapeutic quality essential oils, is now a clinical consultant for Artisan Aromatics as well as an internationally known writer and teacher in the fields of aromatherapy and alternative medicine. Her approach to aromatherapy weaves together her solid scientific training and strong clinical skills with a holistic philosophy that honors body, mind and spirit. Dr. Joie Power is also the author of The Quick Study Guide to Aromatherapy and numerous published articles on aromatherapy and related topics.
In addition to teaching courses in aromatherapy for herself and The Aromatherapy School, Dr. Power has presented workshops on aromatherapyand the use of essential oils for the following schools and institutions:
- American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA), Atlanta Chapter
- Appalachia School of Holistic Herbalism
- Botanologos School of Herbal Studies
- Chestnut School of Herbal Medicine
- National Association of Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA), S.E. Conference
- North Carolina Center for Health and Wellness, University of NC, Asheville (UNCA)
Aromatherapy Workshop Contact Information
Dr. Joie Power
The Aromatherapy School
58 Reed Road
Fairview NC 28730
* CEUs available to RAs (Registered Aromatherapists) for ARC (Aromatherapy Registration Council). Aromatherapy Certificate for each of the four Levels (I-IV) from The Aromatherapy School (must attend both days).
Want to keep up with what's going on at The Aromatherapy School and receive interesting articles on Aromatherapy and Essential Oils?
Sign up for The Aromatherapy School Newsletter: Subscribe
Contact us |
Next Workshop |
Consult Services |
Workshop Schedule |
Aromatherapy Articles |
Aromatherapy Newsletters |
Essential Oils & Aromatherapy Products |
Site Map by xml-sitemaps.com |
We Recommend Artisan Aromatic's Essential Oils |
Online Aromatherapy Courses