Aromatherapy Workshop Schedule
- The schedule for 2014 live workshops has not yet been set but, we can say that Level I will probably start in late summer.
- 2014 schedule should be set by July.
- Cost of live courses will be $400 early / $450 late for each level (I, II & III).
- For those of you who can't make the live course, our Level I online course is now available (50 instructional hours per level online / 15 instructional hours per level live.
- The online course will be quite extensive and include live web meetings, student/faculty forums and more.
- Please check back later for availability or subscibe to our Newsletter to keep informed about latest developments.
Asheville NC: Large classroom on Dr. Power's 50+ acre farm near Asheville NC (about midpoint between Asheville, Black Mountain & Hendersonville).
You will need a car so, if flying in just for the workshop, we recommend staying at hotel near airport and renting car there. It's about a 45-50 min. drive from airport to farm. But, if you're also vacationing, there are much fancier hotels in Asheville (about 30 min. from airport). Driving times: from Asheville to farm - about 30 minutes; Hendersonville to farm - about 45 minutes; Black Mountain to farm - about 25 minutes.; Batcave / Chimney Rock - about 25 minutes.
More Details: Next Workshop
Class Requirements: Prerequisites
Joie Power, Ph.D., Director of the Aromatherapy School
Dr. Power is a retired board certified neuropsychologist and former Assistant Professor of Surgery/Neurosurgery at the Medical College of Georgia, where she performed intra-operative cortical mapping with renowned neurosurgeon Herman Flanigan, M.D. She has over 20 years of clinical experience in both in-patient and out-patient settings and during her years of practice has also been both a practitioner and student of alternative healing methods, including herbal medicine, aromatherapy, Reiki, Chinese Medicine, and other energetic healing systems. Her extensive formal training and experience in the olfactory and limbic systems of the brain give her a unique qualification for understanding the actions of essential oils in the body. Dr. Power is the founder and former owner of Dreaming Earth Botanicals and is now a clinical consultant for Artisan Aromatics as well as an internationally known writer and teacher in the fields of aromatherapy and alternative medicine. Her approach to aromatherapy weaves together her solid scientific training and strong clinical skills with a holistic philosophy that honors body, mind and spirit. Dr. Joie Power is also the author of The Quick Study Guide to Aromatherapy and numerous published articles on aromatherapy and related topics.
Keep up with what's going on at The Aromatherapy School and receive interesting articles on Aromatherapy and Essential Oils.
Sign up for The Aromatherapy School Newsletter: Subscribe
Contact us |
Site Map |
Next Workshop |
Consult Services |
Workshop Schedule |
Essential Oils and Aromatherapy Products |
Aromatherapy Articles |